Laurel Hill Forest Lodge has been the base for Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards Expeditions for many school groups over the past 16 years. Laurel Hill Forest Lodge is a perfect launching place for successful and safe expeditions, having the necessary accommodation and back-up facilities for up to 120 people. Laurel Hill Forest Lodge staff has a thorough knowledge of the surrounding forests, private channel two-way radio coverage of the entire area, knowledge of the Hume and Hovell Walking Track, and drop off, pickup and back-up facilities to ensure a safe and enjoyable learning experience for students.
Sunday 9th to Thursday 13th April 2017
First night’s accommodation and meals, plus the expedition fee $240 per person
Minimum number of people in a group 5; maximum 8
Guidance and assistance in planning a suitable expedition of 4 days and 3 nights
• Laurel Hill Forest Lodge Adventurous Journey Resource Manual
• Accommodation, dinner, breakfast and briefing session prior to expedition departure
• Free private channel radio hire
• Daily radio and visual checks
• Drop-off & pick-up at the start & finish of your expedition
• Arrive at Laurel Hill Forest Lodge by 5 pm the day before your expedition
• Introductions, collection of permission notes, medical forms and analysis of expedition gear
• Familiarisation with accommodation facilities
• Dinner, followed by a talk about the Hume and Hovell Walking Track
• Briefing on routes, map reading, emergency procedures and use of radios
• Breakfast in the dining room then pack up ready to start your expedition
• Transport to expedition starting point by Laurel Hill Forest Lodge staff and pick-up at the conclusion of your expedition
Private car or small bus driven by parent or teacher or CountryLink train to Cootamundra or Wagga Wagga then Country Link Coach to Laurel Hill (please note the Country Link Coach dose not operate on Saturday). Depending on numbers, arrangements can be made for pick-up from your school.
Dinner, bed, breakfast & lunch each day for parents & staff wishing to stay while students undertake their expeditions.
$80 per person per day.
Laurel Hill Forest Lodge stocks a wide selection of good quality expedition gear at very competitive prices.